Insurance Brokers Code of Practice
We subscribe to the Insurance Brokers Code of Practice. The Code provides that brokers:
- Act in the best interests of the client.
- Provide advice and guidance to enable clients to make informed decisions on risk and insurance protection.
- Provide full and accurate information for effective underwriting.
- Respect the client’s confidentiality in relation to all records and information.
- Ensure the validity and accuracy of all documentation.
- Make available all relevant documentation, policies and certificates, endorsements, and premium calculations as may be required.
- Be professional, efficient and responsive in all dealings.
- In the event of a claim, take every step necessary to ensure prompt and fair settlement.
- Work towards maintaining and enhancing the reputation of NIBA and its members.
- Act in the spirit of the Code and encourage others to do likewise.
To obtain a copy of the Code, click here
The code is an initiative of the National Insurance Brokers Association of Australia, which has been recognised and respected for more than 30 years as the voice of the insurance broking industry in Australia. www.niba.com.au
Service Standards – What standards apply to our covered services?
- We will comply with all relevant law
- We will transparently manage any conflicts of interest that may arise
- We will clearly tell you we do not act for you
- We will clearly tell you about the scope of our covered services
- We will discharge our duties diligently, competently, fairly and with honesty and integrity
- We will clearly tell you how our covered services are paid for before we provide them and answer any questions you have
- We will handle any money received in accordance with relevant law and any agreement with you
- We will ensure that we and our representatives are competent and adequately trained to provide the relevant services and will maintain this competence
- We will respond to catastrophes and disasters in a timely, professional, practical and compassionate manner in conjunction with any industry-wide response
- We will ensure that we have an internal complaints and disputes handling process that meets the Code Complaints and Dispute process standards
- We will support NIBA in promoting the Code and make information on the Code (including how to make a complaint) and our Covered Services readily available to you
- We will not engage in activity or inactivity that is reasonably likely to bring the insurance broking profession into disrepute
If you have a complaint or believe that cgib have breached the Code please see our complaints page for further information.